Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Alaska Startup Week (formerly E-Week) is approaching fast.
Get involved now to make the most of it!
Economic developers and entrepreneurs are coming together to make Alaska Startup Week a reality. What is Alaska Startup Week?
• A showcase of opportunities for entrepreneurs in Alaska, not just startup companies
• A time to encourage Alaskans to launch their entrepreneurial ventures
• An opportunity to demonstrate on a national scale why Alaska is great for entrepreneurs
Events are planned across Alaska, and getting involved is easy: check out Alaska.StartupWeek.co and see what events are happening nearby. Don’t have an event near you? Reach out to event coordinator Ky Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org or Juliet Shepherd at email@example.com to plan your own.
Events you want to watch for:
- Fairbanks Roundtable: Removing Obstacles to Starting and Growing Businesses in AK – Tuesday, July 26 at 2:30 pm.
This Fairbanks event brings legal and accounting experts to the table to identify and work to remove roadblocks that prevent people from initially starting or growing a successful business.
- Alaska Dream Machine: Product presentation & local screening opportunity for Alaska’s product-producing small businesses to be selected for international product exposure on national cable-syndicated channel, and get valuable mentoring and feedback about scalability – Events in Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau and via video teleconferencing remotely. Times and locations to be scheduled and posted online.
- AMA Summer Seminar: CEO Russ Klein – Friday, July 29 at 8:00 am.
Recognized as the “advertiser of the decade”, the American Marketing Association brings Russ Klein to Anchorage to share his experience in leading marketing teams for some of the world’s foremost brand names. This 1/2-day workshop offers a unique opportunity to Alaskan marketers looking for a top-level perspective on industry.
… and more!
Alaska Startup Week is a chance for entrepreneurs to connect across the state and is a collaborative effort brought to you by multiple organizations to diversify Alaska’s economy. Our goal is to get the word out and get people involved to Innovate Alaska (2.0). If you are interested in helping, please spread the following twitter and facebook posts around your social media accounts.
Tweet: Innovate Alaska (2.0)! Join Alaska Startup Week now: goo.gl/eeAWcu #AKSW16
Facebook: Join us at Alaska StartUp Week! Register for an event near you: http://bit.ly/1UDAgFj
Thanks for getting involved!