Three-Year-Average Median Household Income by State: 2009-2013
Source: Numbers based on 2014 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Prices for food, clothing and other basic necessities in Fairbanks and Alaska overall tend to be higher than average in the US. But this does not tell us, how much money an average person keeps. Thus we calculated an index that would show savings. The higher the index, the more money you keep:
* The index for each state tends to be below 100%. It means that on the average people tend to spend more than they earn and live in credit everywhere in the US.
An average person in Fairbanks is:
- 28 years old
- a male (53% of population)
- makes $ 4,650 a month
- has some college education
- married and has 2 children
- has 2 cars
- the average home costs $208,900 and the average rent is $1.104
Information is summarized by FEDC using the data from Fairbanks Quarterly Community Research, winter 2015, and US census data.